Saturday, October 7, 2017

Masked Fox Tag

Hey Crafters - Thanks for stopping by today - OKAY, so sometimes I like to think outside the box when creating - this Gold, Orange, and Rust Tag is one of those adventures - I seem to be addicted to this Fox lately ~ have a blessed week ~ Gail

Recipe
Cardstock - Rust, Patterned Orange, Glitter Gold - MFT-Die-Namics Stitched Fishtail Die
Misti - Cuttlebug
Gina K Charcoal Brown Ink for Stamping Fox and trees

Masking with stamping - I stamped the Fox first on the tag- then I created a mask by re-stamping the fox on white cardstock - using the Fox die on top of the stamping to cut it out on the Cuttlebug machine - 2 way tape was placed behind the Fox Mask so I could secure the Mask directly on top of the Fox that is stamped on the tag  ~I used the Lawn Fawn birch tree stamp to stamp directly on top of the Masked Fox to create the trees in the background. I like using this technique.- I used a Memento Marker to color the head and tail of the Fox

Clear Dollar Christmas sentiment stamp was Heat embossed - Versamark Embossing Ink, Jeweled Gold Embossing Powder - Heat Gun

The Poppy Stamp Stravia Snowflake was cut with the Cuttlebug  & Gold Glitter Cardstock gifted to me by Karen Letchworth - thanks Karen! I glued the Glitter Snowflake on another piece of Orange patterned Cardstock [has swirl] that I cut using a Die-Namics Circle Die - then fussy cut around the snowflake

Lawn Fawn Joy to the Woods - Fox Stamp & Die and Tree Stamp

Rust Bakers Twine was inserted in the hole in the tag that I created with a Tim Holtz tool - I brushed on A Wink of Stella on the cut boughs, and Fox and I called it finished

I was inspired to create by these Challenges:
Mod Squad Color Challenge - Color me Fall Orange, Rust, Gold #1
Simon Says Wednesday Christmas #5
Lawn Fanatics #14 Happy Little Critters  #4











Poppy Stamps #37 - Masquerade #1











Oct Just Keep on Creating Challenge
Oct CHN Extra Christmas Challenge
Oct CHN Patterned Paper Challenge - the Orange cardstock has a swirl patterned
Weekly CHN #354 Christmas Challenge

10 comments:

  1. This is very cool, love how everything is the same colour but still stands out.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
    Anything goes October link-up, Just keep on creating
    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card, love the fox and the birch forest. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at The Mod Squad.
    Judy~ Mod Squad DT and Challenge Host
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop on by and see me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lovely fox ... I can understand your obsession with it.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge in October.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Gail, cute scene.
    Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gail! Love your fall card and the mixture of gold, orange, and rust is great! Thanks for sharing over at Poppystamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling card! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card with the fox and trees! Nice Fall colors! Thanks for joining us on the Poppystamps Masquerade Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOH I love that fox too! The colors look perfect for fall and I love the bit of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautiful foxy make! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty HazelNuts Christmas challenge extra this month :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.